Strength For Your Journey

There is strength for just one more step. Believe it!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tail lights in the Storm



So, I was headed home from
work a couple weeks ago...right after the earthquake, right before the Hurricane...and came into one of THE worst storms I have ever been in. EVER.
Rain was literally coming sideways, the wind
was so strong, I had to grip the steering wheel with both hands...tightly. It was so bad, that I literally could not see anything...I could not even see to try and pull off the road.
I seriously thought I was in the middle of a tornado.

I could see only one thing...the tail lights in front of me. How in the world they were able to see how to continue, I still have no idea. I was praying hard, leaning up almost on the steering wheel trying to see....the car in front of me stopped fairly abruptly, so of course so did I.
I thought ok, well at least we'll wait this thing out
together, only that wind was so strong and the trees near us were looking like a serious problem...that's when I was able to see why they stopped. There
WAS a tree in the road in front of us. I think they too, must have discerned that this was not the place to stop, so they went around, and I wasn't about to lose the
only thing I could see, so of course I followed those tail lights. I just can't tell you how thankful I was for that person in front of me.

They may not have noticed that I am following them, but they are quite seriously leading me through this storm. God caused a wonderful song to come on for me at just the right time, and one of the lines said I will not fear the storm...and I said "Thank you God, I know you will bring me through this."...more trees down, stop lights out, and water that moved my car on the road, but I made it home safely....tense but safe.
I have no idea who the person was in front of me,
nor will they ever know how much they helped me through the storm.

It was this experience that helped me realize...how many times are we making our way through a storm in life...maybe we feel like we are making little or very slow progress, yet we've dodged
a few trees, we've stayed on the road, and we made it through the storm. What we may not know is how many others we actually helped lead through the storm. Our job is to just keep going and do our best...no matter how slow our progress, we just may have someone else behind us
that couldn't make it through if it were not for our tail lights.
Sometimes it could just be
our kids, seeing how we go through things, and sometimes, people are watching that you may never know.

So for those of you who are seeming to be in an unending storm, and you feel like you are making little or slow progress...keep your tail lights shining. Someone behind you is counting on you to help them through. You'll get through, and so will others, because you never gave up!

3 comments:

  1. If you liked this blog, would you please post a link to it on your facebook page? Thanks! I love the 7 or 8 that read this, but it would be nice if we expand that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this and I have to say it came at a perfect time as I needed the reminder that sometimes you move slowly so you can light the ways for others. So thankful you made it home and praising God for sending you an angel with taillights in the form of a person driving the car. You never know, maybe having you there with them in the storm gave them some comfort too in knowing they were not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this just as much of an encouragement this time as I did the first time I read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.