Strength For Your Journey

There is strength for just one more step. Believe it!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Buy The Shoes!!



Ok...those of you who have a problem and are addicted to shoe shopping...this is NOT for you! :)

I just have to share this story...especially for those of you, who like

me, are holding on to the promise of God as Provider of all that we need.
Let me start off by saying, I live and breathe by the concept of sowing and reaping. I believe that if what you have in your hand is not enough to meet your need, then what you have in your hand is probably your seed.
So I follow the principles in God's word for tithing and sowing and I do expect and believe that God will provide all of my needs.
Well one morning I was reading this devotional about a widow (so yes of course this peeked my interest) who became so convinced of the scripture that said that God would be the leader of the home and provider for the widow, that she began to talk with Him just as if He were her husband. She said, "God you know the plumbing around here needs a lot of work. Can you please take care of that for me?" She never had any more trouble with her plumbing from that moment on....why? She had meditated on God's word until it was just more than words on a page, it was truth that she knew as hers. She had a true revelation of His promises.

So here's where my personal story comes in....I needed a pair of shoes. Not wanted, needed. Really. I did not have extra money for shoes. I started thinking, you know if we needed
groceries, I'd go spend the money to get what we needed and would just know it would work out. So I made the decision...I said "Hey God. I need a pair of shoes and I know you are going to provide what I need to get a pair. Thanks!". Grace said, "Mom I need a pair too." I said "Grace, today is about meeting needs not wants. Is this a need or a want." and she said "Mom, a need. I
have no shoes that I can wear with a dress or dress pants." I said then let's go! God said he would provide all of our needs, so we are going to get shoes. This was going to need to be a pretty good miracle because I wear a 10 or so and she wears an 11 and I can't tell you how difficult those sizes are to find period, let alone reasonably priced.

We went into a store that I never think to go into because a friend has just reminded me of it recently. Long story short....Grace and I both found a pair of shoes, it was buy one get one half off...so two pair of shoes for $50. That was the first blessing! Here's the part of the story I really like....
The girl who had helped us, and was checking us out, had a partial tatoo showing and I noticed it had the word "fear". So I asked her what the tat was. She showed me, and it said
"Fear ends where Faith begins" It was almost like she was trying to apologize for it not making sense. She said, "I know most people don't understand", and I said, "Oh no, I understand perfectly!" And explained to her what it meant to me...especially me having fought fear and understanding, that faith and belief and the Word are powerful in fighting fear! You must Trust God more than you fear anything.
She then just began to keep talking and say, I need this every night, and I place my hand over
my heart and I keep repeating it, and it helps. I just need it. So I was able to share with her the TRUST acronym.... To Rest Unconcerned with Storms or Trials. TRUST God like never before and you will be able to sleep, to rest like never before, because truly when we allow our faith in His promises to end, that is where fear begins. When you step into faith on a thing, that where fear ends.
I wrote the acronym down for her and she was so thankful. I left with two nice pair of shoes, one for me, one for Grace, and who knows how much God will work in this other young ladies life. She just kept thanking us as we left, and then she said, "You have a blessed day!" and I smiled and said, "You too." All of this happened because God promised to provide everything I need, and I dared to believe Him.

If I had chosen to walk in fear, fear of not having enough for the electric, or insurance, or whatever, by taking out the money to pay for the shoes, Grace and I would have both missed
out on shoes that were nice and actually fit us, and we would have missed out on the blessing of the young lady at the shoe store, and she would have missed out on being
encouraged in her fight.
Fear tries to rob us of so much.....but God....He's the wonderful provider of all we need.
I've got so far to go in trusting Him more and waiting for that provision sometimes, but I must tell you, I know that I know that I know...that my God shall supply all of my needs according to His riches in glory...and that He will do the same for you!
Buy the shoes! He'll provide, and believe me, the shoes
will only be a small part of the blessing!



"If you need something from God, determine right now that you’re going to do what that widow did. Determine that you’re going to meditate the Word until you get a revelation like that. Keep that Word before you until you receive a revelation of Jesus as your healer or your deliverer or your financier – whatever you need Him to be.- Copeland, Faith to Faith"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments.