Strength For Your Journey

There is strength for just one more step. Believe it!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

No Matter What

There comes a time in each one of our lives, when the question comes, "Do I trust in God, and that He is good, no matter what?" The time and circumstance is different for each one of us.

I have found that knowing that God is good, no matter what the circumstances look like, is so important on how you get through the storms of life. When you realize that there is no evil in God, and that He truly does only have plans for our good, even though the situation may seem anything but good, then you always know you can run to Him in the storm. In fact you can lean on Him, Trust Him, rely on Him to either calm the storm, or bring you safely through it. Yes, there might be some loss along the way, but you find that even through it all, the struggle has made you stronger.

One night during a particularly bad storm, I was very concerned as to whether my daughter and I should go to the basement for safety. I paced for a few minutes weighing in my mind whether I was being irresponsible by not heading down, or just being overly fearful.
I glanced in my daughter's room and saw her sleeping so peacefully right in the middle of a truly TERRIBLE storm. It was in that moment that I heard God say, "If you trusted me, you'd be doing the same thing."

That reality hit me so strong...I was so "worried". I had already prayed, and yet I was still worrying. If I truly trusted that God had heard my prayer, and would take care of me and the kids, then I would be resting. That's when He gave me the most beautiful acronym that I will never ever forget, and I actually fell asleep repeating it over and over; it was an acronym for TRUST.
To Trust means To Rest Undeterred by Storms or Trials.

There is such an amazing correlation between Trusting and Resting. If, as you read this, you have needed Rest from your worries, then I encourage you to ask yourself if you are really trusting. God really is a good God. He is not a man that He can lie. There is no reason at all not to trust Him. Try giving everything to Him and trusting Him with the results.

I've done it and it's wonderful. It's those times where my thoughts are so consumed with what's going on and the things that hurt and that are unfair, and that are frightening and confusing that I suddenly don't have that peace. It's when I am looking at God and telling Him how big my storm is that I am so stressed. BUT...when I tell my Storm, how Big my God is....that's a totally different story!



6 comments:

  1. Theresa, I LOVE the acronym..Praise God! Resting is truly walking in the peace that God has GOT it all under control. When I try to walk in the regret of yesterday or in the worry of the future, I am outside of that rest. Being aware of and trusting Him in each moment...in the NOW...is the key! Thank you for trying your hand at blogging! I look forward to reading more.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt this is a God appointed venture dear sister/friend! HIS heart is so evident in YOURS! He has given you such a beautiful gift with words. Thank you for your obedience in using this gift. TRUSTING that even greater things are yet to come! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, thanks for reading and commenting and adding your own words of encouragement. Irene...love you girl, and yes I agree with you...Greater things are yet to come for both of us!
    (I also know I will not always be able to say thanks each time someone comments, so I just want to say thanks in advance for encouraging me as I start off in this new step of my journey!) God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep writing... its nice to hear someone that has a real personal relationship with Jesus, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sam! Love you and your family so much!
    God bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very timely word, Theresa! I love the acronym for TRUST! It's so important to remain in the vine and look only to Christ for our peace. This world certainly doesn't offer much trust or peace. We can trust God, even in our storms!
    ~ Carolyn E.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.