Strength For Your Journey

There is strength for just one more step. Believe it!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Journey of 1,000 miles, begins with just one step.

The journey begins....
I am embarking on a new journey, stepping out into things one at a time. I believe that every journey starts with the first step, and as I have been so often reminded, the next step does not come into view often until we take the first step. So, I start this blog. Where it will lead, only God knows, but I feel I have at least taken that first step of faith.

I know that God is challenging us to come up to the next level. At the next level we see things differently, more clearly. Rising to the next level also requires that we Dare to believe that He can and will accomplish the things He has told us. Dare to believe that He has such great plans for our lives, that we simply could not possibly understand the full picture all at once. Dare to believe that we could truly be one with Him.

One of my greatest prayers actually comes from a song many years ago, by Amy Grant. I heard the words again recently and was surprised, that what I sang to the top of my lungs and to the best of my ability at the age of 10, was in fact the cry of my spirit, and a part of where Destiny was calling me.

Here are part of the words....but before you read them, what is the cry of your heart? Ask God to remind you of that. Ask Him to remove the veil that hurts, and disappointments have placed there. Dare to believe.


I may not be every mother's dream for her little girl,
And my face may not grace the mind of everyone in the world.
But that's all right, as long as I can have one wish I pray:
When people look inside my life, I want to hear them say,

She's got her Father's eyes,
Her Father's eyes;
Eyes that find the good in things,
When good is not around;
Eyes that find the source of help,
When help just can't be found;
Eyes full of compassion,
Seeing every pain;
Knowing what you're going through
And feeling it the same.
Just like my Father's eyes.....
.




Seeing things with God's eyes, seeing past the person to the hurt, seeing past the problem to the purpose. Seeing everything not as a snapshot, but as a whole picture. Realizing that the storm you are in for the moment is not a storm that will last a lifetime. Believing that "This too shall pass", regardless of how long the storm has seemed to go on. Trusting that He sees and knows the big picture and all I need to do is love Him, rest in Him, follow His leading, and ENJOY the journey!

3 comments:

  1. I'm commenting on my own blog, because I don't know how long it will be until I have anyone read this or find it. I'm just ready for the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I found it...and I was blessed by it too...that's my hope too...that even though many see the negative in me...I wish folks would see the heart in me that loves folks and tries hard to do as God would do. I don't always succeed...but I sure do try. You keep posting and I know that folks will be blessed..you've surely blessed me at a time when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you wrote Theresa! Every word is true! I was in 7th grade when I started listening to Amy Grant's music. I love the song, "Father's Eyes"! It's so important to see every situation through our Father's eyes to see His true purpose. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading your blog! ~Carolyn E.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.